Saturday, October 3, 2009

Who's Your Daddy?

Tanya Posting: "Who's Your Daddy? DNA testing. Results in 7 days". This on several telephone poles as we drive through the outskirts of Indianapolis. "A Heartbeat at 18 Days! An EMBRYO IS A TINY CHILD". More from the State of Indiana. I think Indiana has a birth control issue, or some very polygamist citizens! And finally the hospital advertisements have Ralph and I talking about the differences in landscape for a few hours. From the "Saskatchewan-ness" of Indiana and Missouri to the adverts along highways, our landscape has changed. Over dinner tonight at the Iron Skillet, where I had salad after resisting the Chicken Fried Steak and the waitress was so rude I was stunned into silence, we tried to think about the last time we were in Mexico, what the advertisements along the highways and the telephone poles were for. I remember election signs on the drive from Merida to Progresso, but can't think of any others. I will be sure to watch for what other landscape changes we notice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahh, your post is making me nostalgic for California where every second radio commercial is for breast augmentation. ;-0 I do remember the Mexican election campaign posters too - makes our little lawn posters seem amateur. Hugs!!
Claire