Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Express Inn

The Express Inn in West Memphis allows dogs. Not cats, though, so Missy is pretending she is a dog tonight. She seems fine with this, she is currently tucked under the blankets, sleeping. I would say she has been traveling well overall. At the last moment I could not cope with having to organize anything else, so we decided she would travel with us.
Our journey today was about 900 kilometers, from Indiana through Missouri to Arkansas, evidently The Natural State. The Iron Skillet (breakfast and dinner were enjoyed at this lovely truck stop) had free God CD's, Ralph picked one up in Spanish. By the time we get to Melissa and Andy's tomorrow, I am sure we will be well verses in the Dios and Jesus vernacular. I have decided that our friend Dan would love The Iron Skillet, with it's meals served literally on flat iron skillets. Filled with truckers who flirt with the waitresses and waitresses who, I am positive, are all single mothers of 5 children, none from the same Daddy (I could pay to prove this through DNA if I was staying 7 days...), the belt buckles at the front cash and the menu filled with tasty 'Mericin cookin reminds me of Dan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

reminds us of when we were coming back from FL and stayed in Kentucky. No dogs allowed so Sasha had to pretend to be a raccoon! She looked so cute in her mask!! Take care you guys....s & d