Monday, October 5, 2009

Arkansas is for Jesus like Canada is for Maple Syrup

JESUS LOVES YOU - it seems he loves me in a gas bar bathroom in Little Rock, Arkansas and along the highway just outside of Indianapolis, as well. Also something for you to contemplate between Indianapolis and Fort Wayne is "If you die today, where will you spend eternity?" All in CAPS, of course. Interesting that whomever paid for the sign assumed I had a choice in the matter. I must also mention the greeting party in Texarkana, who stood in a parking lot on a rainy Sunday and held up signs that reminded us idle passerby that "Abortion is Murder"... In case on that very Sunday I was on my way to an appointment.
Claire had commented on a previous post about California ads on the radio, that every second one was for breast augmentation. In Texas, it seems to be insurance. And The Inner Science Cavern: http://www.myinnerspacecavern.com/
As I sit in the office this morning in Austin, after having arrived safely last night to Melissa and Andy's and played a rousing game of Rock Band, I try to think about our billboard ads in Toronto, Quebec, the Maritimes... What do we say on these giant signs that tells foreigners about us? We like Underwear?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like underwear and put on a fresh pair every day...just in case I am run over by a senior nanna with her bundle buggy.

winniedozois said...

Hi you two it sounds like you had a very instering trip so far. Glad to here you made it saftely. Thur. did not sleep just kept think of you both. Glad to here that Misses did ok to. Remember that song, yes Jesus loves me, that's what they were reminded you of. So long for now. Love Mom. xxxxooooooooo

Unknown said...

Hey, guys:
Glad you're safely half-way to Oaxaca. The sooner you get through the United States of Insanity the better. Interesting they're promoting the Inner Space Cavern with "prehistoric" fossils -- to them, I guess that means 4,000 years old.
Cheers, Jane.