Wednesday, May 20, 2020

What's playing at the movies?

What's the thing you miss most? What can you live without forever and be just fine? 

I've been thinking about this on my daily walks, for which I am so grateful. What am I finding the most difficult to do or not do during quarantine (aka Sparkling Isolation) and what are the things that are absent that I can live without forever.

I miss just being able to go for tacos at the corner when I don't feel like cooking.

I miss the local, coming home and deciding to walk down and sit with my neighbours and listen to Leo play and have some wine and some food.

I miss hugging my friends. So much.

I miss going out of the house and not having too much thought around wherever I am going. What time is it, what day is it, will there be a lot of people there, when did I go last, do I have my face mask, do I have my hand gel, alcohol spray? How many times did I wash my hands. I was talking to Ralph about this and he equated it to the logistics of having kids and leaving the house with those kids. Stroller, diapers, food, snacks, bottles, wipes... I laughed. He said what he missed the most was that, just leaving the house. JUST going out.

I asked Carlos today (we were at the dog refuge) and he said what he disliked the most was the fear that he was bringing something home to his Mother. That every time he went out, each time he was back home, he was afraid he was going to make him Mom sick.

But, there are also things absent that I am really OK with. The bar that shares our wall at the house is closed. I am loving that. LOVING IT.

I am LOVING that there is less traffic in the city. 

I am LOVING that being in Sparkling Isolation has allowed me to reconnect with friends and family I have not connected with in ages. I LOVE THIS.


No comments: