- I would like a hot water heater that does not go out every time the wind blows.
- I would like gas that just gets pumped into my house, that does not run out after a weekend away without hot water.
- I would like an oven with a pilot light that works, and not one that I light with fear of explosion possibilities.
- I would like to put my garbage out on the street and have some mysterious peson come and take it away. It's OK if he/she is overpaid, I just don't want to have to run around with garbage in my car looking for a garbage truck.
- I want central heating in areas of Mexico where it actually gets cold. Not an extra poncho or a poorly built fireplace. Central Heating. (More on this in the next few posts.)
- I want to eat an apple without soaking it for 15 minutes in a solution to protect myself from typhoid, dengue and other illnesses.
- I want Butter Chicken Sauce in a jar. Tikka Masala would do in a pinch.
- I want to drive my car down the road without worrying about speed bumps the height of a 5 year old child, pot holes I could cook a whole goat in or "vado", v shaped dips, that insist on scraping the bottom of my car at every opportunity. Paved roads would be a bonus.
- I want to sleep without fireworks going off until 6 in the morning, no dogs barking or marching bands playing either.
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
What I miss most about Canada
My friends and family have been asking me what they can get me for Christmas, was there anything I was missing from Canada that I could not get here that maybe I wanted for Christmas. Well, here's a list: