Monday, December 21, 2009

The Bathroom Sink

Friday evening before going to bed, Tanya decided to wash her feet. Nude, she put her foot into the sink and was washing her feet when the sink broke free of the wall. The water pipe broke and water was shooting everywhere. I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom to try to stop the water. I was also nude. What a site. Two people trying to stop the water when there was no shut off valve.

Now what? Where is the place to shut off the water? Outside! Clothes. I need clothes. Pants only, I have no time for anything more! While Tanya, with a squeegee, was pulling the water towards the floor drain, I was running downstairs to he valve next to the water heater. I turned off the water at the heater but the water was still running. What next? The roof, there is a tank on the roof. Upstairs to the tank to find the water shut off valve.

It was a little chilly without a shirt or shoes on the roof. I turned off the water to the whole house. No showers now. Then I helped Tanya clean the bathroom floor and the bedroom where the water decided to run. Order was restored. We went to bed.

The next day a plumber was called and the problem was fixed before noon. Great.

Bathroom SinkBathroom Sink








versión español

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's always more "fun" when you're naked. Steve