Sunday, March 21, 2010

10 Days

I just finished reading John Steinbeck's "Travels with Charley". If you have not read it, I highly recommend it. It is about a man and his dog who decide to circumnavigate the United States in 1960. The book was here in the house in Oaxaca when we arrived. Ralph read it when we got here, I just finished it with barely 10 days left here on this trip. At the end of the book, having traveled months in a pick-up truck, he talks about knowing when the trip was over. About dead heading back to New York. To his wife, his house, his bed. I realized that I had not been blogging as much as usual, and to our blog fans, I apologize. I think I realized our trip was over last month, when I returned from Austin and Las Vegas. We have been staying home more, not going to El Centro as frequently, taking walks up our hill behind the house because we hadn't done that (this picture is taken at the top of the hill), making bread and pies and trying to get rid of food in the fridge. Our Oaxacan friend has asked me to show her how to make quiche before we leave. The packing or at least the thought of packing is ever-looming. We have researched the drive back, and we will cross in Laredo this time, a different route than when we came to Oaxaca. We want to experience both, to decide for next time which is better and preferred. We promise to blog about both, for those of you interested, stay tuned! Until then, we have much to share, so back to blogging with a lighter heart and an eye to our return to Canada to start executing on the plan. It's time.

1 comment:

winniedozois said...

It was excitihg to read yet another blog page and enjoy the amazing few again. Thank you for the wonderful blog pages i have found them so amazing, and have miss you lots, but the blog help me to see how you both love it their, and how you will miss it all. Once again i will be waiting for your blog pages on you adventure home. Take care all of you, from You and Ralph to Miss and little Blue, good luck. love mom. xxxxxxxxxoooooooooo