Tuesday, May 26, 2020

At Least I did one useful thing today...

The subject of my blog today was an email reply to an email from a friend of mine who I needed a little help from. It was a quick thing. At least it was a quick thing that ended up actually being quick.

I resist sitting down at my computer, I am note sure why. I have lots of fun stuff I could be doing, but I resist. Fun stuff like sorting through pictures and at the same time taking trips down memory lane. I have my 1984 Trivia Zoom Game to set up. But the computer seems to be like work , like being serious. Like a job no one is going to pay me for.

I showered today, shaved AND put on different earings. Pretty much at that point, I had also walked the dogs and had breakfast. I should have just gone to bed, right??



I called my Granny. I adore my Granny and she is my last living grand parent and sometimes I have little panic breaths thinking that one day I will be on this planet without grandparents. Not ever really without them, they all shaped me to be the woman I am today, but still, not able to call. I loved hearing her voice, and she was so happy it was as if I had not called in 3 years. It has been 6 weeks. Too long. We were both grateful that she is not in a facility for the aged but at home with our family.



I then did sit down and work on the dog refuge website. Still more work to do to get ready for my adoption event, but I am glad I sat and worked on it. You can check it out here in Spanish, I decided to so a whole separate site in English. Doing both concurrently was too crowded.

I have a mini-rant. I cannot understand why accessing my pictures from my phone to my laptop is not stupid easy. Tried with the cable. Nope. Tried with Bluetooth. Nope. I was trying to avoid having to take my pictures from my phone, load them onto some third party site, and then access them for the website. Time for me to get serious about cloud computing. Ew. So gross.



I made Chicken Parmesan for dinner and sat and chatted with Ralph and talked about Lujo, my vegan restaurant. Could I cook for people 5 days per week? Do I want to? Can I? Important questions.

An acquaintance here in Oaxaca has COVID-19. I found out last night, she is a woman who I know through working at the dog refuge. She is funny and lovely and will be fine, but it hit home last night. Before then it was NYC friends who are fine and recovered, but Flor lives a 15 minute drive away. I've not seen her in months, but was a little broken to learn she was sick with The Stupid.

On the same day I sat dumbfounded in my home, on my sofa, watching posts on social media from friends in Canada and the USA about two things. One was large groups of people gathering in parks and on beaches. No masks. No concerns. Second was two different acts of violence against African American men in the United States. I am not sure which one affected me more. In this time when so many people are struggling, we have this. It fills me with a profound sadness. Thank goodness tomorrow is Dog Refuge day.


No comments: